Monday, February 21, 2011

Pop the Bubbly!


I found this dress on BHLDN as I was creating my last inspiration board.  I immediately thought of popping some bubbly and sitting under a twinkling night sky.  Glitter & Glamour! Being a lover of the 1920-1930’s, I simply couldn’t help myself.  I love the color of the dress and attention to detail, and wanted the decor in my inspiration board to reflect both.  ~ Mission: Embrace timeless fashion with a mix of old world glamour and modern prestige using taupes, beiges, and mixes of rusted silver & gold. 
Cigars, vintage champagne glass towers, classic lace stationary, touches of pearls and old novels, and of course, the 1930’s Cadillac to drive away in, mimic the times of yesteryears.  Reflections of the past are melded with mordern touches through funky gold chandeliers, a multi-colored fabric bouquet, hand-blown mercury candle sticks and table lamps, and wedding-dress inspired cupcakes.  What better way to be a modern bride of the 1930’s?! Ending the night running through a sea of sparklers would only add to the glitter and glamour!
Tulle Era Dress ~ BHLDN, cupcakes ~ Zaiton Abd Ghani, pearls and vintage books ~ Elizabeth Anne Designs, vintage lacy stationary ~ NuWoo, chandelier ~ HGTV, mercury and silver candlesticks~DressKidsonSugar, gold mercury glass table lamp ~ Euro Style Lighting, table setting ~ Elizabeth Anne Designs, Fabric inspired bouquet ~ Brass Paper Clip Project, cigars and perfect match matchboxes ~ Chelsea Nicole Blog, champagne tower~Food University

No comments:

Post a Comment